FOLLOWING IN DANTE'S FOOTSTEPS
- Super half board with breakfast, packed lunch, afternoon buffet and dinner with free house wine and mineral water.
- Expert team of guides
- Up to 5 daily guided tours
- De Rosa rental bikes and test centre (bike rental at an additional cost) Free laundry service for your cycling gear
- Secure bike storeroom
- Belvedere technical assistant
- Free entrance and use of the Belvedere Spa Centre
- Italian lesson to learn a few of the basics
- Cooking lesson, let’s make pasta! with a traditional Romagnolan housewife (Azdora) who will give you her secret recipes!
- Spring flowers and scents, we offer you an exclusive oriental floral arrangement course with Dani, our very own Balinese floral expert. Pick up a few decorative tips for your home! A MUST for the creative soul!
- Food and wine tasting at a local farm nestled in the beautiful green countryside. *
- Enjoy some re-generating massages: our Spa staff have magic hands and will transform the start of your sport season into a special wellness experience.
- Fit & in shape: We will introduce you to the art of yoga and help you to regain balance in both body and mind. In the early mornings you can do Nordic walking along the beach to put that spring in your step ready for your bike tour or your shopping spree.
- The spiritual journey in the footsteps of the Supreme Poet is considered a magnificent example of slow travel, stretching from his tomb in Ravenna to his birthplace in Florence. It is an itinerary by bike, on foot or by train along Florence, Scarperia and San Piero, Borgo San Lorenzo, Marradi, then Faenza, Brisighella and Ravenna…monuments, tradition, identity, food and wine: these are the places where Dante lived in exile. Today, they tell his story through ancient buildings, Romanesque churches, small villages, museums and libraries, craft workshops…
ADVENTURE TOUR OF THE WEEK: RAVENNA TRAIN AND BIKE!
Our journey starts in Ravenna, which we will reach by train. As soon as we hop off the train, we ride in the direction of Forlimpopoli, where we will have a coffee before continuing to Fratta Terme. Ancient romans used to visit the mineral springs of Fratta Terme to benefit from the spring waters. Our next step is Polenta, home town of Francesca da Rimini, protagonist with Paolo of the tragic story of the adulterous lovers, recounted in Canto V of Dante Alighieri's Inferno. According to tradition, Dante also prayed in the parish church of San Donato in Polenta, during his exile in Emilia Romagna. Finally, we arrive at Bertinoro, also known as The terrace on the Adriatic Sea, thanks to his elevated position overlooking the surroundings. Here, we will enjoy a well-deserved traditional meal, with the possibility to visit the winery. After the break, we will ride back to Ravenna or Cervia.
* A small additional cost for transport or entrance fees may apply for some of the activities.
In addition to the above highlights, we will have our normal range of tours each day with a choice of levels and speeds to suit all abilities.
Prices per person for 7 nights based on two people sharing
Prices do not include a tourist tax of €3.00 per day per person (from 14 years of age). This is charged for a maximum of 7 days.