OLIVE, OIL AND OCTOBER SUN
A SPECIAL WEEK DEDICATED TO OLIVE OIL
A milestone of Italian tradition is represented by the cultivation of olive trees and the production of olive oil. The olive oil plays a very important role in nutrition, and, for this reason, it has been a fundamental part of the Mediterranean diet for centuries. Together, we will spend a day surrounded by olive groves and will pick the first olives of the season! We cycle through the beautiful olive groves of the wonderful hinterland, where an excellent olive oil is produced, until we arrive at our destination: Marina’s country house. This is where the cyclists meet with our non-cyclists to enjoy this unique experience of picking olives together. After having picked a good amount of olives, our reward is a special barbecue and lunch in the garden. The nets are gathered and the olives are taken to Bigucci olive mill so that guests will see the olive oil being made from the olives picked and will receive a small tin of oil to take home with them.
- Super half board with breakfast, packed lunch, afternoon buffet and dinner with free house wine and mineral water.
- Expert team of guides
- Up to 5 daily guided tours
- De Rosa rental bikes and test centre (bike rental at an additional cost)
- Free laundry service for your cycling gear
- Secure bike storeroom
- Belvedere technical assistant
- Free entrance and use of the Belvedere Spa Centre
GOURMET TOUR OF THE WEEK
Special Olive Harvest Tour: Each level of tour guided by our team of guides will leave from the hotel and meet together at Marina’s country house where you can enjoy, a unique experience of olive picking. The Belvedere staff will prepare a rustic lunch and barbecue in the courtyard for you.
OFF THE BIKE…
- Italian lesson to learn a few of the basics
- Cooking lesson with our Assunta who will teach you some of the secrets of Italian cooking and how to make your own pasta!
- Spring flowers and scents, we offer you an exclusive oriental floral arrangement course with Dani, our very own Balinese floral expert. Pick up a few decorative tips for your home! A MUST for the creative soul!
- Food and wine tasting at a local farm immersed in the beautiful green countryside.
- Enjoy some re-generating massages: our Spa staff have magic hands and will transform the start of your sport season into a special wellness experience.
- Fit & in shape: Our sunshine Stefy knows how to keep you in shape. She will introduce you to the art of yoga and help you to regain balance in both body and mind. In the early mornings you can do Nordic walking along the beach to put that spring in your step ready for your bike tour or your shopping spree.
- We also organise an afternoon trip into the beautiful surrounding countryside and together, we visit a typical village festival, where you can enjoy various aspects of the local culture, taste traditional delicacies…and maybe take one or two souvenirs home for your loved ones.*
- Olive harvest: Our non-cyclists will also have the opportunity to enjoy the olive harvest together with our cyclists at Marina’s country house, as we will take them there with our Belvedere minibus!*
- Olive oil tasting: a special evening dedicated to the best Italian olive oils, from extra virgin to flavored olive oil
- Visit to Bigucci Olive mill: The day after the olive harvest, we will take you to Bigucci oil mill to see the olives that guests picked being made into olive oil. Guests will take home a small tin of the olive oil made.
*A small additional cost for transport, lunch or entrance fees may apply.
In addition to the above highlights, we will have our normal range of tours each day with a choice of levels and speeds to suit all abilities.
*Prices don’t include the tourist tax of 3.00 euro per person per night, (from 14 years of age) which is imposed by the local government and charged to each person's bill at the end of the holiday. This is charged for a maximum of 7 days.