GIRO D'ITALIA SPECIAL
Bologna dresses in pink to celebrate the big start of the 2019 Giro!
On Saturday, May 11th 2019 the 102nd Giro d’Italia is starting from Bologna. The start line will be the famous “Two Towers” with an individual time trial to San Luca hill. The first stage is dedicated to Marco Pantani, who won his first stages of the Giro precisely in 1994, when the Giro started in Bologna.
For this occasion, we have dedicated this week to the Giro d’Italia where some of our tours will follow the same routes as past Giro d’Italia stages and, the highlight of the week, our guests will have the possibility to go and see the start of the Giro in Bologna!
You can also take part in the Granfondo Via del Sale with some of the most interesting climbs of the area that have made the greatest Romagnolo champions famous.
- Super half board with breakfast, packed lunch, afternoon buffet and dinner with free house wine and mineral water.
- Expert team of guides
- Up to 5 daily guided tours
- De Rosa rental bikes and test centre (bike rental at an additional cost) Free laundry service for your cycling gear
- Secure bike storeroom
- Belvedere technical assistant
- Free entrance and use of the Belvedere Spa Centre
- Transfer from the Belvedere to Bologna in the late afternoon on Friday 10th May by bus
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel in Bologna on Friday night ( May 10th ) – walking distance from the Giro start 500m and breakfast in Bologna on Saturday morning
- See the GIRO BIG START: On Saturday, May 11th 2019 the 102nd Giro d’Italia is starting from Bologna and our guests will have the possibility to go and see this unique event. For those who opt for this, the Belvedere will take you to Bologna in the evening on Friday 10th May. You will stay in a hotel close to the start line, where you will be able to see the departure of the biggest Italian cycling event of the year.
N.B. If you wish to add a second night in Bologna, in order to fully enjoy all the events taking place, we are more than happy to arrange it for you.
- GIRO D'ITALIA AT THE TABLE During this very special week, we will offer you typical specialities of different Italian regions every day and take you on a virtual journey around Italy, tickling your taste buds with the best of Italian cuisine!
- GRANFONDO VIA DEL SALE - SELLE ITALIA, CERVIA On the 5th May 2019 there is one of the nicest races that opens the Granfondo season: Granfondo Via del Sale - Selle Italia in Cervia, just a short distance from Riccione. It’s a challenging route but with some of the most interesting climbs which have made the greatest Romagnolo champions famous.
There are three routes: short (77km), Medium (107km) and Long (150km). We will assist with registration for our guests. The cost of registration is not included in the weekly price. Contact us for more information.
CIMA PANTANI TIME TRIAL: YOU DON’T NEED TO GET THERE FIRST TO WIN!
Cima Pantani - Montevecchio: 373 metres of elevation gain – 4 km – max. gradient 14%
The Granfondo now features a new race. A sixty second challenge for yourself and against time on the legendary Cima Pantani.
And if you want to take it a bit easier but still enjoy the Granfondo atmosphere you can take part in the..
GOURMET ROUTE 40km a relaxing ride along flat roads following a gourmet itinerary of scenic pit-stops where you can taste characteristic and traditional local produce.
OFF THE BIKE…
- Italian lesson to learn a few of the basics
- Cooking lesson, let’s make pasta! with a traditional Romagnolan housewife (Azdora) who will give you her secret recipes!
- Spring flowers and scents, we offer you an exclusive oriental floral arrangement course with Dani, our very own Balinese floral expert. Pick up a few decorative tips for your home! A MUST for the creative soul!
- Food and wine tasting at a local farm immersed in the beautiful green countryside. *
- Enjoy some re-generating massages: our Spa staff have magic hands and will transform the start of your sport season into a special wellness experience.
- Fit & in shape: Our sunshine Stefy knows how to keep you in shape. She will introduce you to the art of yoga and help you to regain balance in both body and mind. In the early mornings you can do Nordic walking along the beach to put that spring in your step ready for your bike tour or your shopping spree.
- We also organise an afternoon trip into the beautiful surrounding countryside and together, we visit a typical village festival, where you can enjoy various aspects of the local culture, taste traditional delicacies…and maybe take one or two souvenirs home for your loved ones. *
* A small additional cost for transport or entrance fees may apply for some of the activities.
In addition to the above highlights, we will have our normal range of tours each day with a choice of levels and speeds to suit all abilities.
Prices per person for 7 nights based on two people sharing
Prices do not include a tourist tax of €3.00 per day per person (from 14 years of age). This is charged for a maximum of 7 days.
(including stay in Bologna on Friday night May 10th and transfer from Riccione to Bologna on May 10th)